Apple's New iPad
Apple shows off its new iPad, now featuring a 2,048-by-1,536-pixel resolution Retina Display that packs 3.1 million pixels into its 9.7-inch display, along with voice dictation and LTE 4G, coming on March 16 to 10 countries.
The screen now has more pixels than a 1080p television, packing in 264 pixels per inch, the pixels cannot be distinguished by human eye at a distance of 15 inches. The new iPad now has the highest resolution display ever seen on a mobile device with 3.1 million pixels, delivering razor sharp text and unbelievable detail in photos and videos. The 3rd gen iPad also has voice dictation, allowing text input by speaking. The new iPad also sports 5 megapixel camera.
Key Features of new iPad
- High-definition Retina Display
- New A5X chip with quad-core graphics
- 5-megapixel iSight camera with advanced optics, shoots 1080p video
- 4G LTE models allow for connections to faster wireless networks
- New iPad will still support 10 hours of battery life on Wi-Fi and 9 hours on 4G LTE.
- next-generation 4G connectivity on wireless models. The new iPad will offer download speeds of up to 73Mbps over LTE. The iPad can also act as a personal hotspot, if supported by a carrier.
- It will continue to be available in both black and white models.
The launch will be Apple's biggest roll-out ever, debuting in the U.S., Canada, U.K., France, Germany, Switzerland, Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore and Australia on Friday, March 16. No mention of Malaysia, but if Singapore is any indication then it might possibly be soon after Singapore.
The iWork applications have also been updated to take advantage of the Retina Display. It will be a free update for those who already own Pages, Keynote or Numbers. GarageBand has also been updated to add Smart Strings and a note editor. iPads can be connected over iPad or Bluetooth to make music together. Content can be shared and pushed to iCloud. iMovie for iOS has also been updated, adding storyboards and new editing capabilities. It can be gotten at USD$4.99 or is a free update for those who already own it.
All of the built-in iPad applications have been updated to take advantage of the Retina Display. In addition, existing applications will be scaled up to the new resolution, and text will automatically be rendered in higher resolution.
The new iPad will be available at the same price points and capacities: $499 for 16GB, $599 for 32GB and $699 for 64GB. 4G models will be an additional $130 for each capacity.
Link : http://www.apple.com/ipad