....... please put it away and stop using it now. It isn't worth the few dollars saved to have your life put in jeopardy.
In a Beijing news site report on July 18, a man named Wu Jiantong in China has been in a coma and Intensive Care Unit (ICU) in a Beijing hospital after receiving an electrical shock while charging his iPhone.
Wu Jiantong, who is 30 years old got shocked as he was connecting his iPhone 4 to a charger. The charger was later found to be either a counterfeit or third-party product.
Ambulance arrived to revive the man but he remained in a coma and ICU due to a lack of oxygen supply to his brain over a long period of time. The doctors had confirmed it was due to an electrical shock.
Wu's sister who was there at the time during the shock said the charger was not a genuine Apple product but a third-party option.
These reports follow after news broke earlier few days ago that a Chinese stewardess had died after reportedly being electrocuted, while answering a phone call on her iPhone 5 that was being charged. [ Read more.. ]