Rumor : Apple to unveil 11.6-inch MacBook Air Soon?
Rumors has it that Apple will unveil a true sub-notebook with a smaller, 11.6-inch MacBook Air redesigned from the ground up.
The first models, which are sized 11.6-inch, is said have been rolling off Taiwanese production lines for some time already, placing their availability for shortly after introduction next week.
Amongst other supposed details:
- Both 11.6- and 13.3-inch models have similar all-unibody designs and single button trackpads.
- The 11.6 inch model won't replace the 13.3 inch model, but will complement it
- The port flap on the existing MacBook Airwill be replaced by a port layout similar to the current MacBook Pros
- The new "SSD card" storage is based off an SATA connection
- The base component of both models is just slightly thicker than a standard USB port at its thickest point.
Engadget has some probable photos of the prototype: